Continuing Education for the Self Employed

As mentioned on another post, I am required to take 24 hours of CPE each year to maintain my Enrolled Agent status with the IRS. These hours are quite often costly. Many self employed people take classes because they are required to take them to maintain their license; other do so simply to improve their skills. The costs for these classes, any mileage to and from, and costs for books and supplies are deductible as expenses on my tax return. Self employed people should be filing a federal Sch C, which is attached to the federal 1040. The class expenses are deducted from the income that I report from my business on the Sch C.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s