Can’t Find Your SS Statement? Get a Replacement At the SS Website!!!

I received a message today from the Social Security Administration. For those who haven’t set up “MY ACCOUNTS” at their website, it has tons of great information. Here is the text, more or less, of the message they sent out:

You may be able to use a new online service that helps people who receive Social Security benefits and Medicare have the information they need to file their tax returns. If you didn’t receive or misplaced your SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, you can now use your online my Social Security account to get an instant replacement for tax purposes.

You just need to go to and log in to your account. Once you log in, select the “Replacement Documents” tab. If you don’t remember your user name and password, they can help you. Just visit the link, select Sign In, and then select whether you forgot your user name, password, or both. After you answer questions to verify your identity, you will be all set.

Even if you don’t currently receive monthly benefits, or you receive benefits and don’t need a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, there are many services available with your my Social Security account at


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s