Just Entering the WorkForce?

Those college grads just entering the workforce, or those laid off who just managed to get back to work, there  is a withholding issue to ponder when filling out those forms for your new employer.

The standard withholding tables that your new employer will use assume that employees are working an entire year.  So if you ask your employer to instead use “part-year withholding method”, less taxes will be withheld from your paycheck. Anyone expecting to work less than 245 days in a tax year can ask the employer to use this method.  For most individuals in this situation, it is better to have the income in their checks rather than wait to file for their refunds.

Obvious each person is unique, so consider your personal situation.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s